Having constant pain and pressure in ovary. What is the problem and its cure?

I am a 29 year old female, 5'9" about 180 pounds. I have been having a pretty constant ache in my left ovary for months now. It's never extremely painful, I just feel pressure, if I step with my left foot I feel a little more pressure. I am finally going to see a gyno about this but I am very worried about what it could be in the meantime.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 19 minutes later
Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
It is good that you are going to see a Gynecologist.
The pain in left pelvic region can be due to many problems apart from ovary as a source of trouble.
Other causes can be Ureteric/Bladder stone, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Crohn's disease, Diverticulitis, to name a few.
a CBC, RFT, LFT and ultrasound of abdomen would be a good pack of investigation to provide a guidance to diagnosis.
You need to start the treatment after consulting your gynecologist.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you