Having constant cough and cold. Having back pain. Feeling warm. Remedy?

I have been having a constant cough after a bout of cold(which is gone now). But the cough has remained for 2 weeks but gradually decreasing all the time in intensity. I also have a pin in my back for the last 1.5 weeks especially when i pull my shoulders backward. No other pain or breathing problem. The cough is not continuous but comes once in like 2 min. Sometimes with white phlegm or dry. I sleep very well in the night with no cough or fever or chills. I sometimes feel weak in the evening in the legs and sometime overall body but that is also decreased gradually. I feel warm in the body while in the presence of A/C
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 4 hours later
I think you have got post viral cough. Due to viral infection the sensory nerve endings in airways get exposed and become sensitive to slight triggers leading to heightened cough reflex. This will gradually go off. You may take some relieving medications like cetirizine or short acting inhaled bronchodilator like salbutamol (aerocort) during paroxysms.
If your cough persists or it comes with yellowish phlegm you must consult a doctor as it is sign of bacterial infection.
As per the tuberculosis protocol you must submit your early morning sputum to nearest DOTS center to get it examined for TB bacilli, though it doesn't seems to be. It is absolutely free.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having constant cough and cold. Having back pain. Feeling warm. Remedy? 18 hours later
Thank you so much Doctor. I am feeling much better today after taking citrizine last night.The cough has come down. I will see for another 2-3 days if the cough still remains as you said will get my spectum tested for TB. Thank you so much for your time to hear out my issue.

Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 5 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
Congratulations and best wishes...