Having consistent neck pain. Suggest the stretching exercises to relive pain?

Spine Surgeon
I am having consistent neck pain for the past 1 week , I have had neck pain before but it has not been this continuous before, Is there any specific stretching exercise that would be helpful in relieving this pain.

P.S. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Neck extension exercises

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query

Neck extension exercises especially isometric

Put your joined palms behind your head and try to push forward the same time resist this pushing by keeping neck fixed in slightly extended this for 10-15 seconds ..for 10-20 times a day . To augment the effect you may add holding breath for that duration if you are comfortable with it.

Similar exercise may be repeated by placing palm on either side of face and in front on forehead.

You sit with neck supported
avoid bending neck forward
Avoid use of heavy pillow

Hope this helps . You may take help of physiotherapist .