Having cold, running nose and cough. Taking Ataline syrup. Dosage?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
I just want to no my baby boy 4year 3 Months is having cold, running nose and coughing Is Ataline syrup 100ml is good medicine to give and how much should I have to give him
Thank you
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Ataline syrup has terbutaline.
This medicine is usually prescribed only if there is wheezing.
After physical examination of the baby, I would usually give 3ml for a 4 year old kid three times daily , but only if there is wheezing on physical exam. Terbutaline dilates respiratory passage that is bronchioles.
It should not to be given for routine cold cough without prescription.
Hope I answered your query.