Having cold problem and condition worsens where unable to breathe through nose. Suggest?

Question
Wanted to know is there a way to come out of this cold problem. or I have survive with this only. lot of times conditions gets worst the full day not able to take breath through nose.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Allergic conditions are not usually cured completely but can be controlled or the episode frequency can be lessened. There are medications like Montelukast and Levocetrizine which given for a course of 15 days will reduce the episode frequency for longer periods. These medications act at the chemical mediator levels. Hence are very effective.

You can also use symptomatic treatments like Xylometazoline drops which reduce the blockade in the nose and allow easy breathing.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Having cold problem and condition worsens where unable to breathe through nose. Suggest? 11 hours later
Thanks for the info.

But I have this problem from last 10 years.
I think this is because of Allergy + immunity weakness. If I have cold drinks\curd in summer. then also cold problem will start.

I have taken Montelukast and Levocetrizine medicine for 1 month also. but did not feel any much difference.

I was using Otrivin nasal drops from last 10 days. but doctor told me to not to take otrivin on regular basis. it will increase your problem.

they have given predmet 16 mg (3 tabs) + Roxid (2 tabs) + flomist (3 spray) for 15 days.
after that he asked me to come again for check up.

and one blood test also he mention I think AEC.

Will Champrash or any other ayurvedic\homeopathic med will work in long term.
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, immunity boosters like Cheyvamprash or Revital would surely help but take time.

Do go ahead and get the AEC test done. This will help to identify the allergy type.

Follow-up: Having cold problem and condition worsens where unable to breathe through nose. Suggest? 2 days later
Thanks XXXXXXX

Can you suggest some another thing also to fight with allergy problem.

And do I use Flomist spray on regular basis.

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

The best is one of the home remedies for allergy.

A pinch of turmeric in Milk with a tea spoon of honey in it. This is very effective, though slow has shown good response.

regards,

Follow-up: Having cold problem and condition worsens where unable to breathe through nose. Suggest? 10 hours later
Thanks for the info.

I will try this and let you know the result.

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Sure,

Wish you good health.