Having cold due to allergy. Took Allegra and Propanz. Having stomach pain. Side effects? Remedy for cold?

Hi doc iam XXXXX and iam often getting Cold and i consulted doctor and he said it was due to allergic and gave some tablets..Allegra 40mg and Propanz120mg..But Allegra casuing me stomach pain after taking it and i stooped using..Propanz is good..But i get cold frequently..How to avoid cold and precautions and reason?

Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

The reason for you getting cold frequently is your over active defense mechanisms. This has no treatment but the symptoms can be controlled by timely medications.

Steam inhlations with eucalyptus, a pinch of turmeric with a glass of milk though slow but are the effective remedies to get rid of such frequent colds.

Instead of allegra you can take Benadryl which is simple and effective.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.