Having cold, cough, nasal discharge and slight wheezing. Sinusitis?

I have been having a bad sinus cold.. I have been taking benadryl which is helping.. But i still have a croopy cough headaches every day in the forehead and beneath my eyes close to my nose, also when i bend over clear liquid runs out of my nose on the right side. I forgot to mention that there is also a slight wheezing.. Mostly at night but sometimes during the day. No fever and although at first the stuff i would cough up or that would come from my nose had a yellowish XXXXXXX color.. It is now clear. Overall i am getting better but the fluid coming out when i bend over is new.
What else can i do?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

You seem to have an frontal sinusitis (allergic) with asthma.

The ideal thing for you would be to take a good expectorant (Benadryl in some people can dry up nasal secretions and lead to choking up and asthma).

Steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil / menthol is a very effective treatment of sinusitis. In addition to the expectorant, I suggest you inhale steam using hot water mixed with eucalyptus oil / menthol three times a day. This will also release all the choked up mucous.

In addition, I also suggest you to use plain saline nasal drops that will additionally clear your nose and sinuses.

I hope the above measures help you recover fast. But if your symptoms worsen despite the above measure, do not hesitate to see your doctor.

Should you have any additional queries at this point of time, feel free to post them; I will be glad to help you. Do accept this answer if you do not have any other queries.

Get well Soon!