Having cold and runny nose after workout. No head injury. Reason?

Hi, Im 18 I just finished a 1 hour workout did 15mins running and 15mins of jogging and did some leg and arm weightlifting. After I got home, I was cold outside too, my right nostril started dripping yellow fluid. I havent had any head injuries in the past. I have had mild coughs here and there during 2012-2013 season and my asthma has been dormant for a while. Can anyone explain why my nose is dripping yellow fluid
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 33 minutes later

This seems just nasal secretions.If they continue you can take oral antihistaminics.Sometimes inspisated fluid drips out and is yellow in color.Cough here and there generally indicate minor infections, which are common with asthma prone patients.

It not likely to be CSF fluid, as CSF is clear fluid.Moreover you would have had CNS symptoms like dizziness , headache or imbalance etc.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Having cold and runny nose after workout. No head injury. Reason? 5 minutes later
Yea I do feel a bit of "tightness'' on the right side of my head down to my right nose and It slightly worsen only when I move my head around.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later
In that cases I would like rule out possibility of sinusitis(para nasal sinus infection) first, this can cause such symptoms with nasal secretion.It's common to get such symptoms precipitated by exposure to cold.A xray can help to confirm this.Generally this is treated with antibiotics and antihistaminics.

Follow-up: Having cold and runny nose after workout. No head injury. Reason? 3 minutes later
Thank you Dr. for your time. I will contact my Dr. later on for further diagnoses, but at least I have a general idea what I have. Thank you very much again
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
You're welcome.Please do let me know the follow up.

Best wishes.