Having clusters of small white-to purple colored pimple like bumps on labia. How to get cured?

Question
Hello, I have Clusters of small white-to purple colored pimple like bumps on my labia but its in the fold of the skin. not visible unless strecthed out.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later

Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

This is not an uncommon question. These are likely the small sweat glands under the skin of the labia within the smooth pink skin. As long as these are not painful, itchy or draining, they are of little to no concern. They certainly could be more pronounced during the current hot weather within the upper midwest.

This is not the usual description of genital warts which are small growths actually above the surface of the skin - easily visible without stretching the skin out too much.

I hope this helps - let me know by rating this question / providing feedback!

Follow-up: Having clusters of small white-to purple colored pimple like bumps on labia. How to get cured? 38 minutes later
I've supplied a picture as i can't really explain it. Also is there anything i can do to treat it?

From the picture this looks like it most likely represents small genital condyloma or "warts". Do not be embarassed as these are very common and are caused by being a human being who has been sexually active. If this is what they are, they are caused by HPV virus which is extremely common.

They are treatable, but you need to go see an OB/GYN to discuss the options:

1. Aldara cream
2. Laser therapy
3. You need a pap smear and STD screening if you are sexually active

I hope this helps.