Having clear vaginal discharge, Looks like mucus. What could be this?

I am a 65 year old woman in excellent health. However, for the last few days I have had a clear vaginal discharge which is a bit mucus. What could this be. I have no pain or itching, and the discharge does not smell
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
I would not be concerned much about your situation because it is not uncommon for a woman during her menopausal years to experience watery vaginal discharge.
Clear and watery discharge occurs normally and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can be more noticeable sometimes. Usually the discharge subsides on its own without any treatment.

I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or XXXXXXX colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.