Having clear snot stuff come from anus. Any reason?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i had clear snot stuff come from my bottom please help ?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 5 hours later

Well, if the discharge continues, I would have that checked. If you suffered from diarrhoea or some kind of inflammation or on the other hand had problems with constipation, the area between rectum and anus may tear because the mucus membrane becomes dry and irritated. When a tear like this appears, it is called anal fissure and it may be painful at times as well as bleed and itch.

Another possible reason could be anal fistula, a very small tract that develops due to some kind of infection. When the fistula gets infected, it may drain liquid. This usually doesn't hurt but may itch and cause discomfort by irritating surrounding skin.

If you suffer from bowel problems, it is more likely to experience such anal problems.
It would be best if you had it checked in case symptoms persisted.

Sometimes anal sphincter loses its ability to function as a guard leading to faecal inconsistence but I am sure you would notice it already.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.