Having chronic parachymal kidney problem with diabetes. Could I take telmisarton to control hypertension?

I have chronic parachymal kidney problem with diabetes. Can I take telmisarton to control hypertension. My BP is now 160/110
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Angiotension receptor blocker drugs like telmisartan has been conclusively proved to have good control over blood pressure while maintaining renal protecting effects. Therefore if you were my patient, I wouldn't hesitate to start telmisartan in this circumstance.

You can talk to your doctor and start of with once a day schedule of telmisartan.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.