Having chronic pain due to fractured vertebrae, pre diabetic concerns and high blood pressure. Cure?

Question
Chronic back pain due to two fractured vertabre, prediabetic concerns,high blood pressure. what can cause an elevated XXXXXXX level in the blood?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later

1. If someone is taking XXXXXXX (carisoprodol) then there are actually two drug levels that can be measured.the drug itself and a metabolite meprobamate.

2. The peak level of XXXXXXX occurs about 1½ hours and the peak level of the meprobamate occurs 4½ hours after taking the pill of 350 mg dose and then gradually reduce in level.

3. XXXXXXX with a half-life of 2 hours drops quickly to half of its blood value in 2 hours.

4. The half-life of meprobamate is 10 hours. So on taking regularly before its elimination the levels of meprobamate will get much higher. This will show higher level if tested in blood to know whether patient has taken XXXXXXX or not.

5. Since hypertensive and pre diabetes focus on your diet and exercise as they can maintain normal sugar level and BP to larger extent.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Having chronic pain due to fractured vertebrae, pre diabetic concerns and high blood pressure. Cure? 45 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt reply, I also failed to mention that I take 600 mg of phenytoin for seizures. Could this have an effect?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 6 hours later

With phenytoin, there is no known drug interaction for XXXXXXX So you can continue both of the drugs without any interaction.

But phenytion is known to induce metabolism of many drugs and many drugs can affect its metabolism, so discuss with your doctor before taking any new drug.

Follow-up: Having chronic pain due to fractured vertebrae, pre diabetic concerns and high blood pressure. Cure? 11 hours later
can phenytion cause an elevated XXXXXXX presence in a blood test?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 8 hours later
Hi, thanks for the query.

As mentioned earlier there is no known drug interaction with phenytoin and XXXXXXX So phenytoin won't increase the level of XXXXXXX in blood.

Hope I explained your query. If you have any query feel free to ask me.

Wish you good health.