Having chronic congestion in nose. Using Flonase. Could this be due to polyp or deviated septum?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have chronic congestion in right side of nose,I also use Flonase.could it be from a polyp or deviated septum?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: It can be due to polyp, DNS, infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The chronic congestion on one side of the nose could be due to a nasal polyp, deviated nasal septum, chronic sinusitis, etc. Flonase is a steroid based spray which helps in reducing the inflammation and congestion in the area thus relieving the blockage. It provides only a short term symptomatic relief. You need to consult an ENT specialist for a physical examination to find out the cause of congestion so that a definitive treatment can be done. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.