Having chronic burping with a feeling like choking. What could this be?

I am having chronic burping with a feeling like I am choking. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 49 minutes later
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

These symptoms could well be part of the anxiety - especially in the context of known anxiety and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, being already diagnosed, as stated in your history.

However it is better to have some investigations - Upper GI Endoscopy can rule out Oesophagitis, Gastritis, Hiatus Hernia + reflux and so on. ECG and X-ray chest are also generally necessary. If some thing is found, it is treatable with medicines. No need to worry.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck