Having chronic back pain, fatigue and eye irritation. Are these symptoms of overmasturbation?

Rheumatologist
Question
I am wondering whether some of my physical problems could be connected to overmasturbation. Chronic back pain, fatigue, eye irritation, etc. are the result of masturbation for long periods of time due to edging? If so, are these things reversible and if by therapy or abstinence? Thank you Dr. Bajad
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Masturbation is a healthy sexual behavior but when over practiced can lead to health problems. How much is excess depends on individual’s stamina and overall health.

Excess practice of masturbation can lead to both psychological and physiological imbalances which may lead to fatigue all the time, lower back pain, hair loss due to testosterone disturbances, weak erection ,premature ejaculation , testicular pain, prostatitis etc.

You have history of depression also may be that is the cause of you succumbing to this addiction to overcome it and experience happiness.

Definitely controlling your habit will lead to favorable changes for your health. Most of these effects seem to be reversible. I advise you to consult a sexologist in conjunction with a psychiatrist to look for underlying depression and for ways of abstinence as changes in behavior are pivotal in getting rid of this habit. I am sure you will be able to overcome it with the help of experts advise because it’s very important to speak up your problem otherwise it will lead to anxiety and get the best solution available.

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask.

Wish you good health.
Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having chronic back pain, fatigue and eye irritation. Are these symptoms of overmasturbation? 14 hours later
I was wondering if I didn't edge or back off when I get close to orgasm and instead try to use a faster pace and continue rapidly all the way until I ejaculate will help because I wouldn't be masturbating for hours and subjecting the body to these intense actions for an extended period. I view it as maybe a small step toward improvement. I do use Vaseline as a lubricant, but am worried about the large amounts used over an extended period and any effect it could have on the skin. Thank you for your earlier response and await for the next one.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later

Whatever you are saying is a beneficial thing but it will be achieved by behavior therapy. Otherwise if you do it shorter periods you might increase the frequency of masturbation and whole situation will be the same. I suggest you to be in touch with your doctor for guiding you the best therapies to get relieved of this habit and keep up with your will power.

Vaseline is just like a petroleum jelly and it helps to restore the rehydration of skin . I dont think its use can cause any harm to you . I just advise you to wash it after every time you use it and not keep it for long periods.

I once again assure you that the symptoms you write are not duly linked to over masturbation or hard acts during the orgasm. It is time to contain the habit once you feel so.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.
Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having chronic back pain, fatigue and eye irritation. Are these symptoms of overmasturbation? 2 days later
Thank you again for your help. I'm sorry, but I wanted to ask some other questions. I'm unfamiliar with what a sexologist does and would treatment involve seeing two different doctors and using two different therapies simultaneously? Concerning depression, I'm afraid if I cut out all masturbation, I would not have anything to look forward to and fall even deeper. Since my first query, I didn't masturbate because of work hours and tiredness. It's only within the last few minutes that I've started once again. It feels weird telling someone this, but I'm realizing that I have to say everything that I'm doing and thinking in order for a correct diagnosis to be made. I feel so pitiful. So empty. But, the feeling is so wonderful and need to release is so great, it's so difficult to fight.

Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Well the situation will remain same until you take help of a specialist . Sexologist and psychiatrist may not advise you different therapies , they will definitely work in conjunction towards a common goal to relieve you of your problem .

Regarding working of sexologists , these are people who deal with sexual problems like erectile dysfunction , premature ejaculation etc. and many others . They should be consulted to rule out any pathology related to your sexual function.

Next concern of yours is whether decreasing masturbation aggravates depression ,yes it may lead so thats why you have been advised to consult a psychiatrist for expert advise .

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having chronic back pain, fatigue and eye irritation. Are these symptoms of overmasturbation? 17 hours later
I'm sorry to continue pestering you with questions, but you are one of the few people that I've been able to talk to about masturbation. All the statistics I come across indicate that nearly everyone has masturbated, but no one seems willing to talk about it. Two female friends of mine that I can discuss anything with, feel that it's inappropriate for us to talk about masturbation and indicate only that they realize nearly all men do it, married ones as well as single. I am aware that you are not a sexologist, but is there any type of therapy I could try with you simply because I feel more comfortable with you. Just from the few discussions we've had, I've felt less guilt and shame about my masturbating and I want to thank you. I don't feel like a pervert because you seem to understand my problems.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear Sir,

I told you earlier I am not the right person to answer your questions and I will not be able to guide you regarding any therapy. Kindly seek the advice of expert doctors in this field as I have suggested you earlier.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti