Having chest pains with nerves. Have had nerve tablets. Suggest?

pannicking in the chest with nerves have had my nerve tab let but not wiorking at the moment
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history . It would be more helpful if you can provide clear symptoms you have in detail.
I assume you are concerned about panic attack. Please rectify me if my assumption is wrong.
First, you should consult your cardiologist to rule out physical causes of panic attack like cardiac pathology or low hemoglobin.

Once physical causes are ruled out you should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Doctor may advise you to take anti depressant drugs having anti anxiety properties like peroxetine or sertraline or may advise you to increase dose of lorazepam.

You may get benefir by doing yoga and relaxation therapy like breathing exercise.

Avoid nicotine or caffeine in excess if any.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have additional query.