Having chest pain, burning sensation with high blood pressure. EKG came normal. Reason?

Sep 2012

I've been having chest pain burning sensation and at the same time high blood pressure. I saw my doctor and they took blood samples and came out all normal. My doctor think its gastro is causing the chest pain. My doctor did ekg as well and that too is normal. What could be happening to my body?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the chest pain you described is typical of hyperacidity causing gastro-esophageal reflux disease. For that reason, the EKG is normal.

Now, this hyperacidity may occur from many causes, like stress, hyperacidity due to h pylori infection, gastritis, side effect of the anti hypertensive drugs and many more.

So, you have to follow the following instructions

1.      Take light diet. Avoid taking fast foods.
2.     Avoid fasting. Try to take some light diet every 2 hourly.
3.     Do some aerobics regularly to get relief from stress.
4.     Take a pantoprazole or esomeprazole group of drug regularly.
5.     You can take some enzyme group of drug before taking a meal.
6.     Lastly, you have to consult with gastroenterologist for clinical examination and for ordering tests to rule out possibility of h pylori infection and also for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.