Having chest pain and sweating. EKG was normal. Could this be symptoms of heart attack?

General Surgeon
I went out and drank heavily on sat night. All day yesterday and even now this morning I havent slept my chest hurts, im sweating and shaking. I have had an ekg about a few months ago and everything was fine. I do have problems with anixety. Im just worried that Im having a heart attack. Im 33 years old.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Heart attack is hardly possible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Heart attach in such young age is rather hardly possible. So if you do not have any chronic disease, havent used any steroids, this seems not possible. Typical heart attack symptoms are lower left chest pain, usually squeezing or burning like, radiating to the left arm or left jaw. Shortness of breath and fear of death appears. Usually all symptoms are present together. Chest pain associated with alcohol intake can be caused by acute pancreatitis or pneumonia due to vomits aspiration. Acute pancreatitis gives lower middle chest pain, abdominal pain, radiating to the back. Abdomen gets hard. Nausea and vomiting appears. Sweating can be present. Pneumonia gives cough, shortness of breath, sweating, fever. Some of your symptoms like shaking can be also caused by low Magnesium and Potassium level (due to alcohol intake). I suggest you to visit your doctor, have physical examination, liver tests, amylase, urine amylase, CRP level, CBC. Abdominal ultrasound and chest X-ray should be considered. In a meanwhile please start Magnesium 400 mg once a day supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Having chest pain and sweating. EKG was normal. Could this be symptoms of heart attack? 4 minutes later
thank you. so do you think that I am having a panic attack then?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Well, it can be panic attack indeed. If you do not have any other mentioned symptoms (cough, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting) this might be it. Low Magnesium level can trigger anxiety. Regards.