Having chest pain and got milky white discharge from nipple. Worrisome

Im 24 year old who has pain in my chest wall and near my back almost directly behind my chest. I squeezed my nipples to see what would happen and i got a milky white substance out of both nipples. The pain is extreme and sometimes i feel like im going to pass out. I also have something sticking out near my sternum on the left side kind of in the corner near my sternum and guidance would be appreciated. I also dont appear to have any lumps. Ive been having this pain since May 2012 after taking a workout supplement once which was methyl M1-d. My chest has extreme pain and am worried.
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX welcome and thanks for writing in.

Did you XXXXXXX a doctor after the pain in May 2012? If yes, tt would be good to know the opinion of the physician.
At age of 24 it is very unlikely that you will have any serious cardiac problems though you have family history. So no need to worry so much. Pain may be due to muscular problems as you are doing workout. Also single intake of any supplements will not cause pain or nipple discharge. Few supplements are known to cause imbalance in the hormones, please read the labels and understand with the doctor here before you take any.
Only concern is white sticky discharge. It is seen in increased prolactin hormone level. However exact nature of discharge or any lesion behind nipple is difficult to predict without examination. It will very helpful to consult a board certified surgeon for clinical examination. It will decide further management if needed.

It is prudent to get a prescription based pain killer for the extreme pain. I do not think over the counter drugs would not help and I am sure you would have tried all the available ones.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.