Having chest pain. Was gone after taking medicine. Feel comfortable when heat cloth is put on. Advise?

On my left side chest, if I touch hardly I feel some thing is there in side with pain.

Around 4 years I took medicine on this and it was gone for couple of months.

If I put any heat cloth, I feel more comfortable…also at the same time I feel like its going to be reduce.

Can you please me on this?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
The kind of chest pain you are having that is left sided, increased with local pressure, reappearing after 3-4years time is typical of pulled muscle, costocondritis or just induced by repeated checking for pain itself.
It can be typically seen in anxious persons.
Rarely it can be due to pleurisy that is the local inflammation of pleura, the covering on the lungs.
You should get a Chest Xray to rule it out.
It does not seem to be of cardiac origin which is mostly retrosternal in location and increased when you walk or go upstairs, still get an ECG. It is a simple nonexpensive investigation.
You should use local pain killers and if needed Iran pain killers like a combination of Tramadol+Paracetamol thrice a day for 2weeks.
Meanwhile try to avoid frequent checking for the presence of pain. Because local pressure if applied frequently itself can start a pain cascade.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.