Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?

General Surgeon
Hi There,
I had chest pain since last night. I have lot of gas . I got ECG done which was normal. I do not have gall bladder .
The chest pain still is there off an on.
Right now , I am only taking Pan D twice a day.
What else can I do to resolve this issue.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 24 minutes later
As your ECG is normal, most probable diagnosis is Gastro esophageal reflux disease(GERD).
It is the reflux of gastric contents upwards towards the esophagus ( the food pipe).
It causes burning pain in the middle of the chest and thus it resembles a heart attack.
Please stop smoking and alcohol (if you take any). Stop pain killers (if you take any)
Avoid spicy foods,masalas and fast foods. Stop cool drinks,coffee,tea.
Eat frequent small feeds,instead of three heavy meals.
Please take Esmoprazole with bicarbonate buffer for immediate relief. Later,you can continue with Esmoprazole along with prokinetic agent like Itopride.
You also add Sucralfate and oxetacaine syrup. You can get this prescribed by a physician.
If the pain does not subside with above measures, get an Upper GI endoscopy. This can help us know the exact problem.
If you have any more questions, I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.