Having chest pain. Done with electrocardiogram. Taking dexilant for re flux. Underside of jaw is hurting. Could this be from re flux?

I am a 32 year old female who has been having chest pains for 2 weeks. My doctor did an ekg last week and it was normal. I have been on dexilant for reflux but it is not helping. Today under my jaw on the right side started hurting. Tonight my whole underside of my jaw is hurting. Could this be from reflux?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later

Chest pain could have been described better. What was the duration of each episode, the location of the chest pain, what increases it and what reduces it. How much area on the chest does it cover when you have chest pain. Does the chest pain increase on activity. Does it have any relationship with food, I mean after food or before food?

Reflux disease also causes symptoms similar to chest pain and jaw pain. It is burning type and mainly located low end of the sternum. However it should help with Dexilant, if not increase the dose and frequency as suggested by your doctor. Still if it does not help you should see your specialist after referral from physician. Did you try simple anti ulcer medicines (Mylanta / Pepcid) when you have chest pain? Did it help?

Let me know if you have any related information.