Having chest pain. Angiogram revealed blockage. Prescribed medicines. Died by vomiting blood. Cause?

Cardiac Surgeon
Question
My father of 56 was having chest pain,dr. Prescribed him medicine,after takin for 1 week he was still feeling chest,so went for angiogram but after angiogram he died by vomiting blood.angiogram revealed blockaged.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ravindra Setty B.R. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Angiogram is safe

Detailed Answer:

I am very sorry to hear about your dad. I feel the death occurred primarily due to the disease process and not the angiogram. Angiogram is a relatively safe procedure. blood in the cough or vomitus may be due to the high pressures in the heart or lungs due to the heart condition. The echo done before the Angiogram would have revealed more about the primary disease.

Let me know if you have further inquiry.
Thanking you,
Dr Ravindra Setty.

Follow-up: Having chest pain. Angiogram revealed blockage. Prescribed medicines. Died by vomiting blood. Cause? 59 minutes later
Sir he had black stool before,if this could be due to the medicine he was taking.

Answered by Dr. Ravindra Setty B.R. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood in the stools.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Black stools is indicative of blood in the stools. He may have been bleeding from the stomach or small intestines. It could be from the medicines he was taking or he had another pathology such as liver. It is also important to know for how long he had black stools.

Can you list all the medicines he was taking? That can help me to determine if previous medicines played a role.

Thank you,
dr XXXXXXX setty.

Follow-up: Having chest pain. Angiogram revealed blockage. Prescribed medicines. Died by vomiting blood. Cause? 29 minutes later
Two days before he died,exactly i dont remember the medicine,he was coughing as well but dry.before the angiogram he was normal,he had two pint of blood transfusion the day before.About 2-3 hourafter angiogram his blood pressure became low .

Answered by Dr. Ravindra Setty B.R. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is important to know the complete history to ascertain the cause.

Detailed Answer:

Do you know why was the blood transfusion given.? Very little is known to understand reasons.
Blood transfusion could be because of his bleeding and his blood counts were low. His blood pressure was low because of bleeding.
The treated doctors will be able to elaborate more regarding the cause of bleeding. I suspect because of black stools he had an bowel pathology to cause the intestinal bleeding.

Thanks
dr XXXXXXX setty.

Follow-up: Having chest pain. Angiogram revealed blockage. Prescribed medicines. Died by vomiting blood. Cause? 18 minutes later
His haemoblogin level was something like 8.2 Sir did u ever got a patient like this before.

Answered by Dr. Ravindra Setty B.R. 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Patients like this are seen by the cardiologists.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,
I am a cardiac surgeon. Patients like your dad are seen and treated by the cardiologists. I still feel either the cardiac disease or gastrointestinal disease led to his low HB and bleeding. The angiogram is a safe procedure.

thanking you,

dr XXXXXXX setty.