Having chest pain, 24 hour holter showed triplet of pac's and 1 short 3 beat run of SVT. Suggest

hi for the last couple of years I have had a resting heart rate that went from 84 to now about 92-110. I also have had episodes that my heart rate would go up to 165 caught on a heart monitor in sinus tach. The 24 hour holter showed triplet of pac's and 1 short 3 beat run of SVT? my echo 2 D was normal. I am scared because I feel a chest pain/thump and then it goes up. Also my anxiety is rising. Please help
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestion below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical data and could say not to worry too much. The results of the 24 hour Holter show supra-ventricular arrythmia, which is normal for the majority of healthy people. The chest pain you are feeling is due to anxiety. As long as the cardiac tests resulted normal, no need for anxiety. To put you at rest, you can do the stress test ECG, however, I am pretty sure, it will come out normal too. The very first thing to do is to calm down. Increased heart rates are normal when being anxious or working or doing a physical activity or being emotionally involved. Certain changes in heart rate are normal for people at your age, and due to hormonal changes too. You should follow a heart-healthy diet and lifestyle, do a follow-up after 6 months. If the tachycardia becomes frequent and you get more anxious, then, discuss with your cardiologist to start any drug (beta-blocker). Hope it answered to your concerns! If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me again. I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Benard