Ask a Dentist   »  

Having cavity, get severe toothache during winter. Do I need to operate or do capping?

I have a cavity in my lower jaw left side 3rd to back tooth & one at upper jaw left side. In winter months I get severe toothache and have never visited a dentist. I brush once daily with Pepsodent/Closeup using brush. Do I need to operate to pick up the teeth or do capping or just ignore?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Root canal treatment is required. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have cavities in your upper and lower tooth which is having a severe toothache this condition cannot be ignored and requires a treatment immediately. I would like to tell you that tooth pain indicates infection of tooth, such type of infected tooth needs to be treated with a root canal treatment to save it permanently. I would encourage you to visit to a Dentist. Get an x-ray done of the upper and lower tooth. Root canal treatment is a procedure which is performed under local anesthesia so there is no need to worry. A crown can be placed over the treated tooth. You can start with a course of antibiotics and analgesics under the prescription of your Dentist. I would suggest you to brush your teeth twice daily. Use antiseptic mouthwash gargles. Maintain a good oral hygiene. Hope you find this as informative and helpful, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.