Having candida pneumonia. Buying Mycafungin online. Suggest the dosage?

I have candidal pneumonia that fluconazole won't treat anymore. I'm looking at buying Mycafungin online, can you recommend a dose
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
100 mg/day. IV infusion over a period of 1 hour

Detailed Answer:
Hi Grahammoule, Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Micafungin can be given in fluconazole resistant Candida infection.The dosage and length of treatment depend on your current condition and response to therapy. So better to take under the guidance of your doctor.

For your condition 100 mg/day may be given as I usually prefer this dose. Length of treatment depends on your response (physical examination, improvement of your symptoms and investigations like blood test and radiological examination). On an average 15 days should be given but based on your response, it varies from 10 - 45 days.

Micafungin is given by intravenous infusion slowly over a period of 1 hour, once in a day. This should be given under your doctor's guidance.
The catheters should be changed once in every 3 days under aseptic precaution to prevent any infection.

Hope this answered your query. Consult your doctor for further management. Feel free to ask me any further related queries and I will be happy to help you.

Wish you good health and faster recovery.