Having callus at the bottom of the feet. Have spinal sciences. Hips and legs hurt. Suggest?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I would like to know what the totals on items should be on the labels on foods, so I could keep track of each of them so I would know if I am going over am staying under. I have been told that I am on the veerg (sp?) of diabietes and may have to start inclin injuections. I was hoping I could stop that from happening if I know exactly how many of what I can eat. I know exercise is great, but I am not able to do much exercise. I have so many callus on the bottom of my feet that I can not walk around the block, etc. and I have spinal sciencs so when I do walk much or stand for more than 15 minutes I am in so much pain I have to sit and of course if I sit a lot, my hips and legs hurt, that I just do not know what to do. Felt if I could be sure my diet is right and not going over any of the things that are on that list on all the foods, maybe would help me.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nutritional Information

Detailed Answer:
Health care magic welcomes you.
I appreciate your attitude for trying to control your sugars by proper diet.
I have gone through your query and I understand your concern regarding the number of calories to be eaten per day and how to calculate them.

Any packed food item has a label describing the nutritional information on it for a particular weight of that item.
Most commonly it is for 100 grams of that product.
For Example: Nutritional information of a food item per 100grams of product.
Energy in kilo calories - 459.7
Protein in grams - 6.6
Carbohydrate in grams - 73.9
(of which sugar in grams) - 39.5
Fat in grams - 15.3
This information is usually approximate values.
In the above cited example, the total calories given by the product is 459.7 calories and the sugar content is 39.5 grams of the 100 grams.
I have tried to simplify this as much as possible.
You have to use this information based on the weight of the product you are buying.
Say you are buying 50 grams of the above mentioned product then the calories given by that product will be approximately 229.8 calories.
If the food item is divided into portions, then the nutritional information may give you the calories given by each portion.
I suggest you take food which is healthy, with low calorie and low sugar content.
There are many calorie calculators available online which can help you to calculate the calories provided by different food items depending on their portion size.
Coming to exercise for you, I suggest light walking for however long you can manage.
Any form of exercise is useful for increasing the body circulation and releasing endorphins.
Do not over exert yourself, start with 5-7 minutes of walking and slowly increase the duration.
I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily.

Follow-up: Having callus at the bottom of the feet. Have spinal sciences. Hips and legs hurt. Suggest? 14 hours later
What I really was wanting is the total mg or g or whatever a daily amount should be for an indiviual would be for each item listed on the "Nutrition Facts". If I could have those 'normal daily totals' would be, then as I eat I could keep a food diary to be sure I stayed unde those totals. Could you give me an online site that I could get information about this?
Sorry I was unable to answer before now.
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Daily calories calculation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to health care magic.
I understand that you want to calculate your daily calorie intake and you also want to know how many calories different food items give.
Daily calorie intake can be calculated based on the following parameters:
1. Age
2. Height
3. Weight
4. Gender
5. The amount of activity the person does every day
Mind you these calculators give only an approximate value.
You have to decide on a personal plan which works best for you.
I am suggesting few reliable links below which can help you with information regarding calories per day and the calories given by each food item.
For daily calorie calculation:
WWW.WWWW.WW For food calorie calculation:
Wishing you all the best.

Follow-up: Having callus at the bottom of the feet. Have spinal sciences. Hips and legs hurt. Suggest? 48 minutes later
I was not asking about just calories, I was wanting estimated total of EACH item listed on the Nutrition Facts on a label. Like total calories I should have, total fat, Total saturated fat, Cholesterol. Sodium, Potassium, total Carbs, dietary fiber, sugars, and Protein. I am 79 yrs, height 5'5", Weight 200#, gender female activity only about to walk about 1 to 2 blocks per day. I thank you for the links you have given me I will check them out this evening when I get homw as I am at work right now, so am a bit busy . Sure hope I can get th total suggested for each item so I can start keeping track and not go over, Again Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less fat, less sugars

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Based on the age, height and weight you have mentioned the total number of calories recommended for you would be around 1500 - 1700 calories per day.
The calories per day can be increased if the activity you are doing can be increased to some extent.
As your aim is to keep your sugars under control, selecting food which are low in fat and sugar content is recommended.
The details you have asked for can be calculated as follows:
This is based on general guideline of a 2000 calorie diet for women.
Energy (kcal) - 2000
Protein (g) - 45
Carbohydrates (g) - 230
Sugar (g) - 90
Fat (g) - 70
Saturates (g) - 20
Fiber (g) - 24
Salt (g) - 6
Please check out the links I have given which will give you more information on calorie counting and some healthy recipes you can make too.
Follow-up: Having callus at the bottom of the feet. Have spinal sciences. Hips and legs hurt. Suggest? 13 hours later
Thank you so much for all you help. Was glad to get your lastest reply. Both websites you gave me looks good. I will now hit the close discussion & review doctor Thank yo8u again.
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wishing you good luck

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your good reviews.
Wishing you good luck and healthy life ahead.