Having burning sensation on shoulder, noticed darkening. What could this be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Yes... I have a burning sensation under my right shoulder blade and now I've noticed a slight darkening or bruising of that area. Now I have been moving furniture as of late.... but I'm worried. The slight discomfort started about a week ago, and is getting worse. Going to doctor today at 2 but thought I'd check with you also. It almost feels like what I've heard described as shingles... but I had the shingles vaccine a couple of years ago
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 35 minutes later

I have read complete details of your question. However you can help with extra information that I need to understand it better.

-How long you had observed these bruises?

-Did you injure that area?

- Is moving the furniture increasing the pain? Did you observe if anything reduces the pain or suffering?

- Do you have associated neck pain, are you able to move the neck?

The chance of it being shingles is rare.

Please reply.