Having burning sensation in penis and bladder area. Using ibuprofen tablet. Symptoms of infection?

General Surgeon
Hi, From a week I have burning sensation at the tip of my penis(it is uncomportable and sometime negligible. I felt pain in the anus also once. I an feeling just like nerve pain(not continously, few times in a day) in bladder area. From 3 days I am using Brufen tablet. there is relief in nerve pain in bladder area. But I am feeling the burning sensation. I got married 20 days before and had sex with my wife. It may be the symptoms of infection? Kindly suggest me.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Yes, this sounds like an infection symptoms. Burning of the penis tip is quite characteristic for the very first part of urethra). You may also suffer from burning while urinating, frequent urinating, feeling of incomplete urinating. Pain in the anus can be a symptom of prostate inflammation. Especially if it is sharp (nerve like) pain.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have urine analysis done. Abdominal ultrasound should be also performed to see kidneys condition. In case of pus cells presence in the urine, antibiotic should be prescribed. If the infection wont go away after antibiotic treatment (especially sharp pain in the anus), you should see urologist.

You should also drink plenty of water (like 2-3 liters/a day) and have cranberries supplements.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Having burning sensation in penis and bladder area. Using ibuprofen tablet. Symptoms of infection? 22 hours later
Urine test results are as follows:

Physical examination

Colour:               Pale yellow
Appearance:          Clear
Sediments:          Nil
Specific Gravity:     OIS
Reaction:          Acidic

Chemical Examination

Proreins          Not detected
Sugar               Not detected
Bile Pigment          Not detected
Bile salt          Not detected

Microscopic Examination

Epithelial Cells     Not detected
Pus Cells          Occasional
RBCs               Not detected
Casts               Not detected
Crystals          Not detected
Other findings if any     Not detected

Kindly suggest me.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Your urine analysis is negative. Says its no infection present. In such situation, if the symptoms are still present, urine culture and swab test of the penis tip should be next.

I suggest you to visit your doctor before this tests. He may decide to try antibiotics first (what is usually effective).