Ask a Urologist   »  

Having burning sensation in bladder and urethra. Noticed yellowish discharge while passing urine. Worrisome

I have burning sensation in my bladder and urethra .it is hard to pass urine and after awhile i passed some white yellowish sticky gluey clear happened today. i had some blood work about 2 months ago but no sign and symptom of prostate problem .
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Possible causes are urinary tract infection/ bladder stones/ prostatitis/ benign enlargement of the prostate.
The work up includes focused history, physical examination including rectal examination, urine analysis, urine culture, Serum PSA, Ultrasound scan with residual urine.
If there is infection, you need a course of antibiotics.
Depending on the other results appropriate advice can be given.
If all the results are normal, urinary analgesics like AZO should work.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts if any---