Having burning sensation from chest to stomach. Guide?

Jun 2015

from me chest to stomach i feel burning that one problem and daily i sleep 8 hours but ifeel sleepy my eyes and head always i feel tired
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 10 hours later

Thanks for your queries.

A. The symptom of burning pain from chest to stomach may be attributed to increased acid production in the stomach.
Causes can be many such as:
1. Stress
2. Dietary factors
3. Prolonged intake of certain medications like analgesics, etc.
4. Smoking & Alcohol.

Though symptomatic relief can be obtained by medications like Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, etc. which prevent the formation of acid in stomach, unless the underlying cause is treated, the symptoms will keep on recurring.

So, kindly consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Investigations like Endoscopy of upper gastrointestinal tract & Ultrasound scan of abdomen will be helpful in detecting any pathology.

B. The causes of tiredness even after sleeping 8 hours can be due to:
1. Any fluctuation in the blood pressure & blood sugar levels.
2. Inadequate hydration status & electrolyte balance of the body.
3. Deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc. which interferes with blood formation
4. Hormonal & metabolic causes
5. Stress
Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

And it is also needed that you take certain precautions regarding your diet & lifestyle, such as:
1. Take soft, plain, non-spicy foods
2. Drink lots of water to maintain adequate hydration
3. Avoid fast foods & gas producing food products like cabbage, etc.
4. Avoid smoking & alcohol.
5. Keep away stress..think positive.
6. Exercise regularly & practice meditation.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.