Having burning sensation and pain in arm and wrist. Suggest some remedy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doctor

From four months on words Iam having pain or burning sensation on my right arm . often i feel pain in my index, middle and ring fingers and also in wrists . Its more when when i use mouse and tv remote.

Please suggest remedy for the same

Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
The pain and burning sensation from the arms and upto the fingers is suggestive of a neural ( nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause. The nerve involvement symptoms may be there due to soft tissue swelling or due to inflammation in the nerve itself.
These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.
Investigations like MRI of cervical spine and nerve conduction studies are needed to detect the level of involvement.
Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause such sensations. You can start taking vitamin B 12 supplements till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.