Having burning sensation and itching in left eye. What is the treatment?
User rating for this question
I am having burning sensation and itching in my left eye, could be please advice
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Trivial injury Detailed Answer: Hi, The conjunctiva or cornea of the left eye could have sustained trivial injury because of many possible reasons like dust, light or infected germ. Do you feel that there is a foreign body feeling? If yes You can wash/flush the eye with cold water and see if the particle is flushed away. If not, you may use CIPLOX eye drops one drop each in the both the eyes four times a day for three days. Keep the eye covered by wearing coolers and do not expose to polluted air. If you are not relieved you should see a local eye doctor for examination. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Having burning sensation and itching in left eye. What is the treatment? 6 minutes later
Thanks for the above solution. However I am having sustained redness in the corner of my left eye for last 3-4 days. Basis consultation with local physician I have also tried pyrimon eye drops, which helped reduce redness, while unable to fix burning sensation. Also since yesterday, I could feel same issue building up in my right eye too. Possible to get into call with you now? Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Time to get examined by specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, If it is spreading to the fellow eye it is necessary to get them examined. It looks to be XXXXXXX cause and not local. Episcleritis, conjunctivitis are commonly known. You can continue Pyrimon eye drops before you call it to Ophthalmologist. The burning sensation relieves by treating the actual cause.
People also viewed
- Welding burn eyes treatment
- Becoming cross eyed from working with computers
- Hip lower back pain 12 year old right side
- Ho sure is 5 week hiv test
- Home remedies for burning sensation during urination in child of 7years
- Highest iop bearable for optic nerve
- Left side eye always itching treatment
- Treatment for grease burn on eye
- What if i do meth before lasik eye surgery
- What is the treatment for eye redness itching and discharge
- Hole or indentation in chest
- Hiv test after 6 weeks 100 accurate
- Swollen eye got hit in it playing basketball
- Suggest treatment for burning in eyes
- I have both chalazion and bartholin