Having burning sensation after taking meal. Suffering from headache and fever. Took crocin and norflox. Continue?

I have extreme burning right in the centre where my oesophagus ends..since last 2 days the burning becomes extreme wen I have a small portion of meal..I've been having 1 or 2 small meals, had ham sandwich for breakfast that was defrosted the previous night and kept in the fridge when it all started.
My head started to ache last evening and I had high fever and constant burning all night. I've just taken a crocin and norflox tz that was available at home with half a has eased my burning a little and fever has reduced a little..but body still feeling very lethargic and energy less. Should I continue with this med?

Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. From the symptoms it looks like acute gastritis and gastrointestinal reflux.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. There are many possible causes of this disorder including an infection (bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic), an irritant, backup of bile or due to acid reflux.
Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body. Also take an antacid or a H2 blocker like Rantac or a PPI inhibitor drug like Omeprazole after consulting your doctor. You can take Crocin for the fever but continue taking the antibiotic preferably only under medical guidance.
Further, avoid eating any junk food or oily, spicy food. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. An advice from a dietician will be helpful. Try raising the head end of your bed by at least two blocks and take your meals 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also avoid taking two or three heavy meals. Instead, take regular frequent small meals. Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.