Having burning pain from shoulder to elbow. What does these symptoms indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
UI have pain in left shoulder down to my elbow burning pain in my shinbone in both legs pain in pelvic area come and go had MRI 2 months ago normal of my lower back and pelvic area. My doctor says I have a positive ANA oh 1:160 she thinks I may have lupus but I don't think these are symptoms for lupus please help
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to rheumatoid arthritis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain in the joints like you are having with a positive ANA can be due to lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. The symptoms of lupus are usually not constant and they wax and wane with time. It is also usually associated with a characteristic skin rash that flares up on exposure to sunlight. It can also be associated with headaches, skin rashes, joint swelling, dry eyes, chest pain, fever, etc. It is best to consult a rheumatologist for a direct physical examination. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.