Having bumps on hands and feeling itchy. Tried applying lotions but no improvement. Suggest the treatment?

Rheumatologist
Question
Had these bumps on my hands for two days at first they were real itchy and was on my left hand now it has spreaded to my right hand doesnt seem to go away with lotion or cream...
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 days later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be contact dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well the photographs that you have sent shows generalised erythema and the bumps cannot be visualised but still it looks like contact dermatitis . I will advise you to stay away from washing clothes or using detergent for some time .it cannot be said as to what led to this as a number of things can give rise to this condition . You will need to take some anti allergic like cetrizine tablet along with application of soothing lotion like lactocalamine on your hands .

I advise you to see a skin specialist and take his advise as in skin diseases it is very important to see the lesion in person .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having bumps on hands and feeling itchy. Tried applying lotions but no improvement. Suggest the treatment? 4 days later
Seems like the bumbs are fading off my hand stays consistently dry i put lotion and then 10min later dry and peeling anything i can do i used vasaline it worked longer than lotion but they will still peel and become super dry any easy way to remove the dry skin

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use olive or almond oil.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for reverting back.

You can use olive oil or almond oil for your skin which will keep your skin hydrated and for protective covering over that .

Dr. Shruti