Having bumps on dick. Diagnosed as herpes. Got bumps on face. Is it infectious? What to do?

Question
I have got bumps on my dick, I asked the doctor and he said it was herpes. So we made sure If it was whether herpes or not. I had to get tested. Anyways, my test results were.
HSV type1 IGG> 5.00
HSV IGG type2 <0.90

Doctor said that I have type one. Most likely type one causes from the birth or something like this, so he gave me valacyclovir as a medicate. After using this medicine, to the grain on the bumps completely disappeared. But after a while I got bumps on my face.
What should I do? I am about to get married? Is it causing the infection to others? Do you think that it will disappear from my skin or this herpes will go away from my body anytime soon? cause im still using the medicine. I hope you respond as soon as
possible!
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Herpes virus establishes lifelong infection, which means complete eradication from body is not possible at present.

It can be transmitted through skin to skin contact with a lesion.

Active disease lasts generally up to 21 days, followed by a remmission period.

Genital Herpes is often asymptomatic, but viral shedding can occur.

Herpes virus reside lifelong in sensory nerve cells.

Recurrent outbreaks can occur from time to time specially when immunity is down.

Medicines only reduce severity of infection/lesions, thus lowers chances of transmission to others.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having bumps on dick. Diagnosed as herpes. Got bumps on face. Is it infectious? What to do? 4 hours later
So its going to be in my body for my entire life?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 3 hours later

Welcome again,

Be positive, just keep your immunity up.

Let us hope that it will not get any chance to flare up again throughout your life.

Scientist may also find, some solution of this problem.

Asymptomatic/subclinical infection is common with HSV-2 infection, but you are suffering with HSV-1, thus after marriage, you should avoid skin to skin contact with your wife, whenever it flare up again in the form of lesion.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having bumps on dick. Diagnosed as herpes. Got bumps on face. Is it infectious? What to do? 10 hours later
Is there any cure so far for it?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 54 minutes later

Welcome again,

At present complete eradication from body is not possible.

It was probably transmitted to you through unprotected sex.

Good wishes,