Having bulky uterus with thickened endometreium. Treatement?

My wife is having bulky uterus with thickened endometreium of 15.5 mm and size of uterus is 103.9x47.6x71.4 Her age is 51 -year and menses stop completely 2-year back. What sort of treatment we should proceed
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial biopsy and proceed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing your wife's scan, its a thick endometrial lining for her post-menopausal age. She definitely requires a endometrial biopsy (sampling os endometrial lining- small endometrial tissue is taken) for histopathology. Then depending on the report she needs treatment.

Usually if the biopsy report is normal, then progesterone tablets are helpful, but if there is any abnormal change like ATYPIA, then its better to undergo hysterectomy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile