Having bubbling and fluttering sensation in leg. Diagnosed with piriformis syndrome. Any cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a bubbling, fluttering sensation in the back of my right leg behind the thigh and above the knee. It comes and goes and seems to happen only when sitting. I also have some problems in the hip area -- diagnosed by the chiropractor as piriformis syndrome. That seems to be alleviated by stretching and visits to the chiro as needed. I am a 52-year-old male. I take 20 mg lisinipril, one regular aspirin and 800 mg cimetidine daily. I also take 60 mg allegra two times daily as needed in hay fever season.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
The bubbling and fluttering sensations behind your knee is likely to be due to a pinched nerve or nerve compression at the level of spinal cord which becomes aggravated on sitting. An MRI of the lower spine will help in exact diagnosis.
You can consult an orthopedician for an examinaton and necessary investigations.
Till then you can start taking methylcobalamin supplements and start with back strengthening exercises to reduce your symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.