Having bruised and swollen labia. On tylenol 3. Can an internal injuries be present without pain?

May 2013
I need a gynocolgist for this questions. Are you one? I am her mother inquiring ty
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 37 minutes later

I am Dr.S.R.Sree Gouri, Obstetrician and Gynecologist,
please ask your queries,
I will answer and I will be available to answer your follow up queries also.

Follow-up: Having bruised and swollen labia. On tylenol 3. Can an internal injuries be present without pain? 15 minutes later

My daughter fell getting out of the pool yesterday afternoon and was rushed to pediatric emergency. She is fifteen and bruised, very badly, her left lapia. The swelling was very hard after three hours. She then continued the ice more frequently and today the swellingmis down a bit and the bruising is more pronounced. She has been on Tylenol 3 a few times yet very sleepy.

When looked at they said did not see XXXXXXX injuries but appears external. Should I still take her to the gyno she is so tired from meds ( which I stopped giving) but will continue with motrin.

My questionis can there be XXXXXXX injuries present with no pain or blood. They pressed on her pelvic bone and she said it didn't hurt. Please let me know also how long this medication takes to get out of her system.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

it will take around 1 week for the swelling and bruising to comes down,
mortin is ibuprofen which is a gastric disturbances that may be hurting your child,
its duration of action in the body is 4 to 8 hours.
you can take antacid drug along with that to control those symptoms,

you should not stop drugs, that may be antibiotics which are needed for wound healing,
with proper usage of antibiotics, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs only the bruise will come down fast, if not taken complications like infections can occur.
anyhow if she is having trouble with any particularly medicine it can be changed with your doctor's advice.
she can continue keeping ice meanwhile.

she may have XXXXXXX injuries like tears on vaginal walls etc, usually they present with bleeding and pain,
but sometimes clotted blood may occlude the wound, when it dislodged bleeding can occur,
if gynecologist is available better to get examined once to rule out these possibilities, you tell what are the drugs she is taking already so that the doctor may not recommend more.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.