Having breathing difficulty. Taking seroflo and montek lc. Are these medicine safe to treat asthma?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi I am 41 and having adult onset asthma for the past two years. I am prescribed Seroflo 250 (2 puffs twice daily). and I take Montek LC 1 tablet in the night. In spite of these I am having allergy symptoms often and breathing difficulty occasionally.
Please let me know if Seroflo inhaler is sufficient for treating my asthma? I find it less effective when I have severe breathing problem.
and anyother other alternative for Montek LC to prevent nasal congestion and sneezing?

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 15 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be a diagnosed case of bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis.

2. You need to confirm your diagnosis by getting yourself evaluated by Pulmonologist.

3. Investigations that may be required are Chest Xray, Pulmonary function tests, Serum IgE levels and Xray PNS.

4. As per your lung functions your asthma management is titrated. Seroflo is a maintenance inhaler and cannot be used as a reliever in acute episodes. For acute episodes you can use asthalin inhaler. Alternatively seroflo can be changed to another combination which can be used as maintenance as well as reliever therapy. Please consult a Pulmonologist regarding this.

5. If in spite of Montek Lc your nasal congestion is not being relieved , you may use a topical nasal spray like Azeflo nasal spray twice a day in consultation with your Pulmonologist.

6. Also preventive flu and pneumococcal vaccinations should help you.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Having breathing difficulty. Taking seroflo and montek lc. Are these medicine safe to treat asthma? 15 minutes later
Can you please suggest a Pulmonologist in Chennai?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later
Thanks for follow up.After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

You can use the search function on this site to find Pulmonologists in Chennai.
Link:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist