Having brain stroke due to lack of oxygen. Had prolonged seizure. Having vision and hearing problem. Recovery from this condition?

Neurologist, Surgical
My male child ( 8 month ) has brain stroke due to lack of oxygen while operating in stomach on 12-04-2013. and he had prolong seizure. Now he is facing problem like vision, hearing. when will he recover? MRI scan normal.
He is continues crying. After one month of this incident he stopped little much crying and his head not stand properly.

Doctor says he will recover after 3 months.

It is possible to recover from his condition?

EEG Report:

The background activity poorly performed for age over both hemispheres with predominance to the right hemisphere.

There are no clear epileptiform discharges seen over both hemisphere during the recording.

The record suggest diffuse cerebral dysfuction with predominance over the right hemisphere. Needs - clinical correlation.

Medicine List

Levipil - 0.5 ml - 0 - 0.5 ml
Eption - 2.5 ml -0- 2.5 ml
Nootropil - 5ml - 0- 5ml
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 52 minutes later

The neurological incident happened after the procedure in case of your child recovers on it's own, as said by your doctor. But, it takes time. It could be from 3 months to 6 months. Recovery can be near total. Occasionally, residual effects are left behind.

You need to be patient. Whatever medications are prescribed are correct and are given to avoid further complications like seizures. Do not miss out the medications.

Do not worry. Your baby will improve over the period. She might need some stimulation exercises or physiotherapy later for faster recovery.

I hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

I wish her speedy recovery.