Having bowel movements after eating and painful. Suggest the treatment?

General Surgeon
Question
my stomach has been bothering me last few weeks. its ok when i eat, have bowl movements, etc but just been in pain . What do you think it is?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be infection of the gut

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The pain in the abdomen can be due to many reasons.The site of the pain will give clue to the diagnosis.
If it is in the lower abdomen on right side,it could be appendicitis.
If you are having pain in the entire abdomen,then it could be due to infection.It can be due to contaminated food or liquids.
I prescribe antibiotics like Ofloxacin,Metronidazole;antispasmodic and Rabeprazole tablets to my patients with similar complaints.
But i request you to get an ultrasound abdomen and rule out any disease inside.
If you have any queries,i will clarify further

Follow-up: Having bowel movements after eating and painful. Suggest the treatment? 4 minutes later
so should i go to a med 7 urgent care and get an xray or go to e.r? pain is more located around the stomach and feels like cramps or something.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you go to e.r

Detailed Answer:
hi
First go to e.r and get examined clinically.then,he will order for investigations if necessary.
Ultrasound is better.

Follow-up: Having bowel movements after eating and painful. Suggest the treatment? 12 hours later
can i go to med 7 get an xray and a recommendation for ct scan/ ultrasound ? i just don't want to sit at the hospital forever

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should get a scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Please get an x XXXXXXX followed by ultrasound scan/ CT scan.Evethough x XXXXXXX is normal,you insist for scan.
If you come back with reports, i will clarify further.

Follow-up: Having bowel movements after eating and painful. Suggest the treatment? 12 days later
what does borderline splenomegaly mean, is that ok?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not of much sugnificance

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Splenomegaly is enlargement of spleen.borderline enlargement is not of much clinical significance.
If it is symptomatic there will be pain below left ribcage.
Wish you good health