Having bouts of dizziness and lack of balance. Could I ask a doctor?

Oct 2013

Male 85 age. Bouts of dizzyness and lack of balance. BP 125/72 .
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
can be due to vestibular or systemic disorders

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX.
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

Symptoms of a sense of light headedness or disorientation (dizziness), a mild to violent spinning sensation (vertigo), and lack of balance can have a variety of causes: vestibular (inner ear) disorders, stroke), cardiac problems (including low or high blood pressure), low blood sugar, infection, medication side effects or interactions between drugs, or an inadequate or poorly balanced diet.
Of all vestibular disorders, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common in your age group. Other vestibular disorders that may occur in older adults include menieres disease, vestibular neuritis and ototoxicity due exposure to certain chemicals or drugs. A thorough evaluation by a physician is usually necessary to help sort out these different possible causes and arrive at a correct diagnosis.

My recommendation would be visit physician for evaluation and Sound nutritional
and health habits—including regular exercise, such as walking preventing balance trouble.
In addition, make sure that the yours environment is safe (with good lighting, secure footing, clear walkways, handrails and antiskid devices in bathrooms, etc.)
can help prevent falls and their injuries.

Hope I answered your question.
Any further information we can discuss in follow up query.
Direct query at WWW.WWWW.WW Regards.