Having bouts of anxiety, depression, fuzzy feeling in head and insomnia. Had taken hydromorph and on lyrica

Pediatrician
Question
My doctor has recently suggested that I discontinue taking 3mg of Hydromorph twice a day. I stopped taking the medication on Tuesday and I am having bouts of anxiety, depression, fuzzy feeling in my head and insomnia. Can you tell me how long this will last? I should also tell you that I am continuing to take 150mg of Lyrica twice a day. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 59 minutes later
HIXXXXXXX

Thanks for your query

I can understand that how much patient suffer from withdrawl of Hydromorph.
It is a morphine derivative , this drug will take 12 to 24 hours to clear from the bleed but these adverse affects can last for 3 to 4 days.
Just take plenty of water and walk in fresh air .

The pain will be settled and you can take tramadol for this pain.

Hope I answered your query , i will be happy to your other query .

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Having bouts of anxiety, depression, fuzzy feeling in head and insomnia. Had taken hydromorph and on lyrica 5 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX

I am not sure what you mean when you say "the pain will be settled and you can take Tramadol for this pain". What pain are we talking about?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 4 hours later
Thanks for your follow up,

Hydromorph is usually prescribed to control chronic pain. You have mentioned the herniated disc in the back, does it pain?
If not for pain, for what purpose you were taking Hydromorph?

The withdrawal symptoms that you have mentioned, usually last for 4 to 5 days.

Hope, I answered your question.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr XXXXXXX