Having bony pea sized lump to the upper side of Adams apple. What to do?

I have a bony pea sized lump to the upper right side of my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX bout a half inch up if that feels like its on the trachea idk if its always been there or what
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

From your symptoms I would like to rule out the possibility of a thyropglossal cyst. It presents as a midline neck lump (in the region of the hyoid bone) that is usually painless and smooth. The mass on the neck moves during swallowing or on protrusion of the tongue.

The other causes are a swollen lymph node, thymic or thyroid swelling or a small benign or malignant growth. You need to get it examined from a surgeon. Ultrasonography, thyroid scanning or CT scanning may be helpful. Treatment is dependent on the diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.