Having bone pain all over the body. No relief from aleve tablet. IBS or lactose issue?

Question
i have bone pain, started with pain in one knucle last week now its in all fingers, wrists elbows, both arms. i dont believe it is in the muscles. it started with pain to my left index finger, upper knuckle, very specific, by the next day it was in both hands, now in arms and other joints--pain is not getting worse by the day but constant for a week--Aleve doesn't seem to help--i have been tested recently for stomach related issues, blood, stool etc no diagnosis,, could be ibs or lactose issue but nothing concrete
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 33 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for the query

The symptoms you have described are probable of arthritis the type of joints you have explained are known as symmetrical joint involvement is a feature of rheumatoid arthritis however there are some other symptoms like morning stiffness, small joints involvement, radiological changes and positive RA factor

It is recommend to visit your doctor and have detailed check and investigations to be evaluated

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Having bone pain all over the body. No relief from aleve tablet. IBS or lactose issue? 14 minutes later
Thank you, is it natural that it just shows up over night in one knuckle and than spreads ? Does arthritis stick around constantly over 8 days ? About 13 years ago I had muscle & bone pains for about 11 weeks, diagnosed with virus,--finally went away--could this be virus related ? I also read that a form of colitis can lead to joint pain,, if I never had a diagnosis for the stomach issue could it be related?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 39 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

Arthritis is chronic disease which stays for years and it is not related to virus but either inflammatory and rheumatoid arthritis is auto immune disease.

There are variety of disease that are related to arthritis even hepatitis do cause generalized body pains but all have different presentations and different features

For accurate diagnosis you have to be properly examined and on the basis of examination some differential diagnosis are made which are then ruled out through laboratory and radiological findings

Thanks