Having boils on buttocks area. Having pain. Cure?

General Surgeon

I am having frequent boils on my buttocks area.
If one drains,then another one comes nearby area and it pains very much as my work is involved with sitting long time.

What can be the cure?Please suggest
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

If this boils are located where one buttock meets the other one, quite high, on the coccyx area, pilonidal cyst is most probable reason of your symptoms. This condition is caused by ingrown hair. Due to this hair, tissues get irritated and cysts are created. When the cyst gets infected, pus accumulates in it what gives pain and swelling of this area. Pilonidal cyst gives recurring lumps. And it will be as long as whole cyst will be removed.

If this boils are close to the anus, fistula between the rectum and the skin is possible. Due to a small canal between the rectum and the skin, tissues get infected by intestinal bacteria. It also causes pus accumulation and strong pain in this area.

I suggest you to visit general surgeon and have it examined. Both conditions should be treated with surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.