Having boil in ear. Suggestions

I have boil in my ear , looking for some suggestions regarding this
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different aspects of treatment. In the initial stages these can be very painful because of the inflammation and the build up of purulent discharge. This pain can be relieved by the use of ibuprofen, cataflam, aspirin, voltaren.

In addition to pain management you need to apply warmth to the boil, this would encourage blood flow to the area and cause it to become fluctuant and burst.
You can this by soaking a q tip in warm water( not too hot to cause damage) and applying it to the area.
This should be applied for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 to 3 times a day.
When it does burst clean the area with antiseptic or anti bacterial solution such as dilute bethadine or dilute hydrogen peroxide.

Obtain an over the counter anti bacterial cream and apply it as written on the information leaflet, most have to be applied twice a day.

If it worsens or does not improve then you should consider visiting your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions